Samsung Galaxy S6 — Phone being weird about charging after accidental factory reset

• Replies:3
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 22, 2019, 9:33:38 PM via Website

So I accidentally factory reset my phone, and now I am having weird charging problems.
My phone has somewhat had a small charging issue where it would take a second to recognize the charger, but once it did, it would charge fine... until I had accidentally reset the phone.

Now that I have (accidentally) reset my phone, it is suddenly being weird. The phone will charge when turned off, or for a little bit after turning it back on, but after a while, it just won't recognize the charger. For the time it does recognize the charger, other than it still lags, it works normal - things like file transfer work, but after a while, it just fails to recognize the USB at all, until I reboot the phone. This part only started immediately after the reset, and I was wondering how to fix it?

• Forum posts: 1,035

Aug 23, 2019, 1:21:35 AM via Website

probably it is the charger or better the connector of the charger. try with another charger or a power bank.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 23, 2019, 3:06:17 AM via Website

So the "not charging" seems to have just been a temporary thing that was just happening right after the reset, but I am still having problems with the lag for detecting USB (charging, file transfer, etc). The lag is about 15 seconds. I have tried different cables, power bricks, and outlets. I am thinking this is probably a problem with broken phone hardware, but if anyone knows if there might be a software-way to fix this, it would be appreciated

— modified on Aug 23, 2019, 3:07:52 AM

Helpful?